Monday, January 31

Fifteen Years

I’m frozen stiff and so is the ink in my pen. It snowed yesterday. I, and everyone else, was hoping that school would open late today because of the snow but it didn’t happen. Somehow, I survived the day. I actually feel pretty good considering it’s a Monday and I’ve spent the whole day with students. Friday is a teacher workday – when we submit the grades for 2nd quarter. That means I only have the little rascals for three more days this week. I can survive.
One of my students brought in her older sibling's yearbooks from fifteen years ago. I flipped through the faculty section. There were only a few familiar faces. I can’t imagine being in this school for that long. One of the few things that makes it manageable is the fact that it is only temporary. It was a sobering look at the past and the future.

No comments: