Thursday, January 13

Science Fair is Over

The Science Fair is over. I am exhausted but not as exhausted as I’ll be when I’m teaching tomorrow. I finally left the school around 8 p.m. Science fair was OK. Some of my students did well. A lot of my former students also did well. A few of my students qualified for the city fair but didn’t show up tonight. I had to gather all their boards for them.
I actually nodded off in class today. I knew that I was running out of energy for teaching so I put a video in. I sat down to watch with the class and almost fell asleep. I had to force myself up to stay awake.
During reading time Rodney insisted that he needed to go to the library. He claimed that he took his book back without reading it because someone had written in it. Then, he claimed that his Spanish teacher sent him to the library. The story sounded suspicious so I started questioning him. After several minutes, he admitted that he was lying and claimed to have left his book at home. I refused to send him to the library. Finally, he went and got his book off the shelf and started reading. Why does it take so much work to get him to do what he’s supposed to do?

No comments: