Friday, April 1

Another Teacher Resigns

Ms. Lupe is gone. When I came into the school Mr. Burns was looking for me. He introduced me to some woman I’ve never seen before and told me she was Ms. Lupe’s replacement. Could I please help her with some lesson plans for science? Ms. Lupe resigned! I knew that it had been a rough year for her but I had no idea that it was going that bad.
I took LaToya’s cell phone from her. It went off during class. She argued with me and didn’t want to give it up. She kept coming back and arguing with me about it. She finally stormed off, cussing at me under her breath. Then, I found out that this is the second time in as many days that she has lost it. It went off in Ms. Liger’s class the day before and LaToya went through the same routine. I had a phone message from LaToya’s mom, my first all year. I called back but she wasn’t there. I hope this isn’t about the phone. I wish parents were as concerned about grades as they are about cell phones.

No comments: