Wednesday, April 6

What Do Counselors Do?

LaToya’s mother came in today and we talked about the cell phone. She claimed that she had to talk to someone at the school. Supposedly, she called all the numbers but no one answered so she called LaToya’s cell phone. I don’t think that I believe her but she agreed that LaToya’s phone should not go off in class. Hopefully, that’s all resolved now.
I have my last class tonight. If I weren’t so tired then I’d probably be excited. I’ve waited so long to be done with my education courses and now it’s finally looking like a reality. I finished my homework this morning during planning time.
Rodney got suspended again. He had all the test answers written on his hand in language arts class. Kanika showed up for language arts class with her pupils dilated and acting stoned. Mrs. Liger took her to the counselor. The counselor just let her go back to class. She said that she was busy and couldn’t talk to Kanika. What do counselors do?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In my school, they seem to pass most of scheduling responsibilities on the teachers, yet they still put unqualified students in classes.