Thursday, April 7

Has a Problem With Women

After LaToya’s mother talked to me yesterday she got called back into school. LaToya’s younger sister was in trouble. Apparently, LaToya’s mother went crazy. She completely lost it in front of the principal and school police officer. I don’t know the details of what happened but it must have been bad because LaToya’s mother is no longer allowed on school grounds. It’s a little scary. Just a couple of hours earlier she was talking to me. If she can’t control herself in front of the police then what could I have done if she had gone crazy on me? Everyone pushes parent conferences but sometimes I don’t think it’s a good idea.
I found a mound of sunflower seed that someone had spit on the floor of my classroom. I managed to trace them back to Rodney. Today, I made him pick up every trace of sunflower seed that I could find. Apparently, Ms. Liger had the same problem and did the same thing. I emailed Rodney’s mother and told her what he had done. We’ll see what happens.
The principal is talking about giving me a new student. He’ll be transferred from his current science teacher because he “has a problem with women.” I’m not sure that’s a good reason to move a student but we’ll see. Apparently, he’s fifteen years old because he’s been held back a couple of times. This should be interesting.

No comments: