Monday, November 1

What a Day

What a day. I left substitute plans so that I can take tomorrow off. Now that Jamal is gone I am supposed to choose another student to focus on fixing. So, this morning I spent over an hour in a meeting about Rodney. We have to try to figure this kid out.
The elections are tomorrow. Every school system in the metropolitan area has the day off except for us. They’re going to be voting in our school. It’s going to be a total mess. I don’t know how we’re going to control students and voters at the same time. That’s one reason I’m taking the day off. The other reason is so that I’ll have time to vote. I have school all day and class all evening. When am I supposed to vote? The polls close at 7 p.m.
I have a test in my class tonight. I’m stressing it. At the same time, however, I really don’t care. I guess I’m getting pretty close to the burnout point. It's yet another reason to take tomorrow off. The principal is going to be observing my class on Thursday. I should take Thursday off, too. I don’t even know what happened to this weekend.