Friday, November 19

Really, Really Tired of School

It’s been a long week. Today was a long day. We got out two hours early but it sure didn’t feel like it. I am really, really tired of school right now. When the final bell rang the teachers were racing the kids out of the building.
Malcolm, back from his ten-day suspension, settled into his usual role of class disruptor. I held him after class and we had a little talk. For once, he settled down and was serious and sober. I hope he can get things together. Karen came back today, too. She’s been gone for over a month. Her family went back to El Salvador for a visit. She’s a pretty conscientious student but I have to wonder, how can you take a month off from school?
I now end with a different class on Fridays than I used too. That's because of the holidays we had last week. It’s a nice change. The group that I used to finish the week with was my worst group. On Friday afternoons they would be CRAZY! Ms. Helm had them last today. I could hear the screaming coming from next door. She told me that she sent three of them to the time-out room. One of them walked out of time-out. Another one never made it down there. After next week I’ll start getting that group last on Fridays again. God help us all.

No comments: