Monday, November 8

Monday, Monday, Monday

Monday, Monday, Monday. The quarter ends on Wednesday. Thursday we are off for Veterans Day. Friday is a Teacher Workday. The kids have it off. We’re supposed to get our first quarter report cards done. Rumor has it that if we have grades in on Wednesday then we don’t have to come on Friday. My grades will be in on Wednesday. I don’t care if I have to work past midnight. I really need the four-day weekend. It’s only a three-day school week. The kids are crazy. I just have to survive two more days.
I met with Mr. Latin again about Rodney. I’ve decided that I’m going to dismiss the entire class except for Rodney. Then, I can make sure that he takes all his materials with him. I’m planning on doing it every class until he learns. It’s totally inappropriate for a kid his age to need this king of extra attention but how can he ever do his homework if he never has his books?