Friday, March 4

Reading Assembly

We had an assembly today. It was Arome’s first day back from her knife suspension. Deon was back from his cussing out the sub suspension. Briana was back from spending a couple of weeks in El Salvador. The assembly was pretty poor. It was supposed to be a Reader’s Theater for Read Across America but they chose the remedial reading students to do the reading. No one could understand what they were saying. Of course, all the students in the audience were going crazy. Before the assembly even started, Deon got into some sort of screaming altercation with one of the paraprofessionals. He had been in the auditorium for less than a minute. I think it actually the paraprofessional's fault.
After the assembly, I got my class back in the room and locked the door. It was a good thing that I locked the door. One of the eighth grade girls (former student of mine) came down and tried to start a fight with one of my current students. She stood outside my door, yelling into the room and refusing to go away. All this because someone rolled their eyes at her. The principal had to take her away.

No comments: