Friday, October 22

Review for the Hardest Test of Your Life

Rodney came into class wearing a big winter coat. A few minutes later he asked me if he could go to the nurse because he felt hot. I told him to take his coat off. Then, he complained of a headache. I told him he couldn’t go to the nurse. A few minutes later he told me that he had to go to the bathroom. I told him no. Soon after, he had made a miraculous recovery and was running around, crumpling up papers to throw at the garbage can, and shouting at people. I think I liked him better when he was sick.
We were reviewing for the “hardest test of your life” today. Rodney’s class couldn’t even focus for a few minutes. Even with so much of their grade on the line, they couldn’t get it together. I feel sorry for the few serious students in there. Ms. Helm had a talk with the wild ones before they came to my class (she has the same group right before I do). Apparently, they didn’t get the message. We’re going to bring the troublemakers in next week to have a little talk.