Tuesday, October 5

Did You Eat Your Wheaties?

I had energy this morning. I was feeling pretty good (yesterday, too). That all changed after lunch today. I had two rough classes in a row and that just took it all out of me. Why are they giving me such a hard time now? The “let’s be nice because it’s a new year” is definitely over. Interim reports are due tomorrow, could that be it?
DaSean was awful today. He came into class with attitude and just wouldn’t stop talking. I asked him to stop and he did but only until I looked away. I asked him to stop again and this time I caught him whispering, “Mr. Moore, can you hear me?” I said, “Stop!” Then, he started arguing, “How could you hear me?” I finally got him to stop. I turned to the board and I heard a whisper, “Now, can you hear me?” I sent him out. He was arguing all the way out of the room. When I went to talk to him in the hallway he was still giving me a hard time. I explained to him that I was trying to give him another chance and he calmed down a little. I let him back into the room and he started up again. I called him over and explained to him that I was trying to help him out. Why are you giving me a hard time if I’m trying to help you? He apologized then went right back to the talking. At the end of the school day, Ms. Helm came over and said, “DaSean was such a pain for me today.” Enough is enough.