Tuesday, September 7

First Day of School

School started today. I arrived a couple of hours early to get set up. I ran into Mark (one of my annoying students from last year) in the hallway. It’s two hours before school starts on the first day and he can’t wait to get back to annoying his teachers. He was like, “Hi Mr. Moore!” It took me a while to ask how his summer was.
Two of my eighteen homeroom students brought their locker money today. It’s a hyper bunch. I’ve already given them assigned seats. It’s amazing how they automatically seek out the people who will get them in trouble.
My second block class is WILD! In third block I had two students that I failed last year. Charles was miserable and quiet, only nodding his head when I teased the students about how this will be the hardest class of their life. Beyonce, on the other had, was energetic and seemed proud to be back. She already knows the teachers and routine so this is her chance to shine.