Wednesday, June 15

Community Turns On Its Own

It was a tough day today. I just happened to drive by the school last night and I saw police cars. Police were interviewing people right in front of the school. My heart sank. As soon as I got in this morning, I heard the news.
One of our students, a seventh grader, was jumped by a group of sixth graders. He had been at the school late, practicing dance for an upcoming school assembly. The sixth graders assaulted him, apparently because they thought he was gay, and beat him so badly that he is still in the hospital. Some commuters, walking home from the train station, came to his assistance and called the police.
He’s the big star of our multicultural assembly. Once again, the community has turned on one of its most talented members, trapping him, drawing him back in, keeping him from making something better of himself.
In a separate incident, one of our students lost his father. He was gunned down, shot once in the head and twice in the chest. The student still came to school. I suppose it’s good. He has support here. He feels wanted here. We played soccer after school and I spoke to him briefly.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I juѕt like the valuable information you ргovide іn yоur articlеs.
I'll bookmark your blog and take a look at again here regularly. I am moderately certain I'll be told lots of nеw
stuff right гіght hеre! Bеst of luck
for the next!

My wеb site - premature ejaculation pills

Anonymous said...

Hellο, Neat post. There's an issue along with your site in internet explorer, might test this? IE still is the market leader and a huge part of other people will pass over your excellent writing due to this problem.

Stop by my site legal amphetamines

Anonymous said...

Hеy ωould you mіnd ѕharing
ωhiсh blog platfoгm you're working with? I'm lοoking to
start my oωn blog in the near futuге but
I'm having a hard time deciding between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your layout seems different then most blogs and I'm looking
for sоmething unіque. P.
S Mу аpοlogies for bеing оff-topіc but I haԁ to ask!


Αlso visit my рage legal highs and drugs